In what is becoming a very regular trend, Angus and Angus influenced cattle continue to dominate the market on AuctionsPlus, making the top price in 6 of the categories in Friday’s Eastern States AuctionsPlus sale (04/12/15), including the top price for steers, heifers and cows and calves.
Weaned Angus cross composite steers topped the overall market to make 454c/kg or $800 per head. The 29 steers, 176kg, were offered by SD & SA Tully, Yetman NSW.
The heifer market was also topped by Angus influenced cattle from the same vendor, with 13 Angus cross composite heifers making an astonishing 439c/kg or $750 per head.
The 171kg heifers, also offered by the Tully’s were 7-9 months old and described by Elders assessor Anthony Triggs as, ‘organic heifers that would perform on improved pastures or a forage crop’.
Blue Button, Walcha NSW offered 65 weaned Angus steers that made the top price for steers 250-299kg. The 279kg, 10-12 month old steers made 379c/kg or $1,055.
102 Angus steers on account of Rob Correll, Bundarra NSW topped the market for steers over 350kg, making 376c/kg or $1,404.
The 373kg steers were 15-16 months old and described by assessor Tom Oakes as, ‘A very good line of EU Angus Steers’.
Primrose Pastoral, Guyra NSW offered 52 Angus heifers that made 353c/kg , to top the heifer market over 350kg. The 21-24 months old heifers weighed 382kg and made $1,350 per head.
Angus cows and calves again topped the cow and calf market making $2,100. 30 Angus cows 4-4.5 years old, with Angus calves at foot offered by NM & SJ Cosier, Wellington NSW finished the sale with the top price.
The cows were described by assessor Danny Tink, as cows that, ‘Have frame and quality to fatten into heavy productive females, they are ideal future breeders’.
Other AuctionsPlus results:
– 72 weaned Angus steers, 229kg, 10-12 months, Blue Button, Walcha NSW,made 406c/kg or $930
– 144 weaned Angus steers, 229kg, 10-12 months, Blue Button, Walcha NSW,made 404c/kg or $925
– 65 Angus steers, 279kg, 10-12 months, Blue Button, Walcha NSW made 377c/kg or $1,050
– 68 Angus cross Hereford steers, 274kg, 10-12 months, Blue Button, Walcha NSW made 372c/kg or $1,020
– 81 Angus steers, 317kg, 15-16 months, GBK & DR Daniels Tumbarumba NSW, made 360c/kg or $1,140
– 29 Angus steers, 334kg, 14-15 months, KA Brett, Bendemeer NSW, made 356c/kg or $1,190
– 210 Angus steers, 358kg, 12-14 months, TJ Henwood Family Trust, Hay NSW, made 336c/kg or $1,200
– 190 backgrounder Angus steers, 334kg, 10-12 months, TJ Henwood Family Trust, Hay NSW, made 348c/kg or $1,160
– 53 backgrounder Angus steers, 307kg, 14-15 months, J & J Star, Cooma VIC, made 330c/kg or $1,013
– 22 backgrounder Angus cross Hereford heifers, 270kg, 12-15 months, JW Benton, Glen Innes NSW, made 337c/kg or $910
– 22 feeder Angus cross Angus/Hereford heifers, 386kg, 22-24 months, made 311c/kg or $1,200
– 20 PTIC Angus cross Angus/Gelbvieh heifers, 26-27 months, AR & KM Ellis, Millicent SA, made $1,850
– 12 PTIC Angus cross Angus/Shorthorn heifers, 20-21 months, made $1,630
– 47 PTIC Angus heifers, 25-28 months, KE Paterson, Glen Innes NSW, made $1,615
– 15 Angus cows and calves, 36-38 months, P Wayland, Murrindindi VIC, made $2,090
– 25 Angus cows and calves, 2-8 years, Renlink P/L, Glen Innes NSW, made $2,010
Angus cows again topped the AuctionsPlus market making $2,100
65 Angus steers topped the steer market 205-299kg at 379c/kg
Pictured top: 52 Angus heifers that made 353c/kg , to top the heifer market over 350kg in Friday’s Eastern States AuctionsPlus sale (04/12/15). Image courtesy of AuctionsPlus.