All regions reported saw quality yardings with numbers reduced due to two key factor; good rain in many regions and producers hanging onto females as they become harder to source.
Demand for Angus cattle remains strong with top prices in multiple categories across all reported regions.
– Angus heifers at Glen Innes $1234 (320c/kg)
– 24 Angus steers at Wangaratta $1390
– 15 Angus heifers at Leongatha $1080
– 15 Angus steers at Pakenham $1460
– 20 Angus heifers at Warrnambool $1990
– 15 Angus PTIC heifers at Naracoorte $2000
Pictured top: Buyers lined up for a good position to get in on the Angus action. Image courtesy Fairfax Media