The Angus breed continues with its stronghold on AuctionsPlus Eastern States sales topping the market in 10 categories across the sale.
Numbers of cattle across the board jumped this week as a result of good widespread rain along with a strong gallery of bidders present.
Weaners were in hot demand with strong competition for light steers and heifers alike.
Light steers less than 250kg were dominated by a tidy line of 66 Angus steers, 6-7 month old weighing 214kg topping the market at 412c/kg or $880/head account RM Prowse, Benalla VIC.
66 Angus steers, 214kg topped the -250kg market portion for steers at 412c/kg or $880/hd
Top quotes Angus steers less than 250kg:
– 80 weaner Angus steers, 7-10 moths, 202kg, Aldingham Family Trust, Carinda NSW made 407c/kg or $820/head
– 17 weaner Angus steers, 6-7 months, 188kg, Caldwell Farms, Young NSW made 401c/kg or $755/head
– 37 backgrounder Angus steers, 6-7 months, 182kg, RM Prowse, Benalla VIC made 393c/kg or $715/head
– 97 backgrounder Angus steers, 6-7 months, 237kg, RM Prowse, Benalla VIC made 386c/kg 0r $915/head
– 58 weaner Angus steers, 6-7 months, 240kg, Caldwell Farms, Young NSW made 384c/kg or $920/head
20 backgrounder steers, account Bellengin Rural Products, Dalton NSW topped the 250-300kg steer market, reaching 341c/kg or $1020/head. These 9-10 month old steers were 299kg.
22 backgrounder steers weighing 336kg aged 14-16 months, account Agricolae Pty Ltd, Oakwood NSW capped the market for the 300-350kg steers portion of the sale making 340c/kg or $1143.76/head.
22 Angus steers, 336kg topped the 300-350kg market portion for steers at 340c/kg or $1143.76/hd
350kg plus steers remained strong making a 349c/kg or $1260/head top with 86 Angus steers from Tauroma Farming, Pallamallawa NSW taking the top gong. These steers weighed 361kg and were 14-18 months of age.
Unjoined heifers less than 250kg were just as dominant as light steers in Friday’s market with an impressive line of 120 weaner heifers weighing in at 194kg, account Aldingham Family Trust, Carinda NSW topping this category at 412c/kg or $800/head.
Top quotes Angus heifers less than 250kg
– 20 weaner Angus heifers, 6-7 months, 183kg, Caldwell Farms, Young NSW made 380c/kg or $695/head
– 51 weaner Angus heifers, 6-7 months, 228kg, Caldwell Farms, Young NSW made 347c/kg or $790/head
57 Angus heifers, 283kg topped the 250-300kg market portion for heifers at 303c/kg or $855/hdWeaner heifers in the 250-300kg portion of Friday’s sale was topped by Draffen Properties Pty Ltd, Hexham NSW with 57 Angus heifers weighing 253kg, aged 10-12 months making 303c/kg or $855/head.
57 Angus heifers, 283kg topped the 250-300kg market portion for heifers at 303c/kg or $855/hd
A significant line of 119 Angus heifers, account Thurlagoona Partnership, Yetman NSW peaked the 300-350kg market making 320c/kg or $1008.95/head. These 12-18 month heifers weighed 315kg.
Top quotes Angus heifers 300-350kg
– 80 yearling Angus heifers, 15-16 months, 321kg, Talooby Trust, Holbrook NSW made 306c/kg or $985/head
– 49 weaner heifers, 12 months, 318kg, Draffen Properties Pty Ltd, Mortlake VIC made 302c/kg or $960/head
– 15 weaner Angus heifers, 11-12 months, 325kg, Draffin Properties Pty Ltd, Hexham VIC made 299c/kg or $970/head
– 27 Angus heifers, 14-18 months, 317kg, Tauroma Farming, Pallamallawa NSW made 294c/kg or $930/head
350kg plus heifers remained strong making a 335c/kg or $1220/head top with 60 Angus heifers from Minnamurra Past Co, Wollar NSW taking top honours. These heifers weighed 364kg and were 15-16 months of age.
60 Angus heifers, 363kg topped the +300kg market portion for heifers at 335c/kg or $1220/hd
Young PTIC heifers under 2 years of age made up the majority of numbers this week, averaging $1299/head.
A neat line of 3-4 year old Angus heifers, account Hillsborough Past, Guyra NSW topped the market for this portion of the sale with an impressive $1640/head.
Top quotes Angus PTIC heifers:
– 66 PTIC Angus heifers, 18-20 months, 498kg, Nebea Past Co, Coonamble NSW made $1595/head
– 20 PTIC Angus heifers, 19-31 months, 446kg, LD Ward, Goondiwindi QLD made $1385/head
– 14 PTIC Angus heifers, 17-18 months, 380kg, Coolac Cattle Co, Coolac NSW made $1206/head
The top price of the day in the cows and calves category was a line of 4-5 year old Angus cows and calves from NM & SJ Cosier, Wellington NSW making $2100/unit.
30 Top priced Angus cows and calves from Wellington NSW making $2100/unit
Followed closely by 21 Angus cows and calves, 3-7 year cows with 5-8 month calves at foot, KE Paterson, Glen Innes NSW made $1875/unit.
Pictured top: 14 top priced Angus PTIC cows from Hillsborough Pastoral, Guyra NSW making $1640/head in Friday’s AuctionsPlus Eastern States sale (22/01/16). Image courtesy of AuctionsPlus.