The Angus Sire Benchmarking Program (ASBP) Progeny Performance reports have been updated to include:
• Cohort 4: Updated ASBP progeny averages for yearling weight, final weight and the carcase scan traits (EMA, Rib Fat, Rump Fat, IMF).
• Cohorts 1 and 2: Re-analysis of the Days to Calving progeny averages for heifer Days to Calving.
• All Cohorts:
o The April 2016 TACE EBVs and Selection Index values.
o A table to summaries the progeny averages and rankings is available at the back of each report.
Colour coding has also been applied to the ranking for easy interpretation (see example below) being:
* Rank 1 to 5 (dark green with white text).
* Rank 6 to 10 (light green with black text).
The ASBP Progeny Performance Report contains a range of familiar information (TACE EBVs and selection Indexes) and new information (progeny average values and rankings within the ASBP). The new information also includes how the sires have performed within the ASBP for traits additional to TACE analysis such as MSA Marble Score, MSA Ossification, MSA Index and shear force.
There is a separate report for each Cohort that can be accessed under the Sire Benchmarking menu item on the Angus Australia website www.angusaustralia.com.au or by clicking on the link below:
• Cohort 1 – Click Here (FINAL)
• Cohort 2 – Click Here (FINAL)
• Cohort 3 – Click Here (FINAL)
• Cohort 4 – Click Here (PROGRESS)
• Cohort 5 – Click Here (PROGRESS)
If you have any questions related to the ASBP contact Christian Duff, Strategic Projects Manager on 0457 457 141 or email@example.com