Angus and Angus influenced cattle topped 8 categories in Friday’s Eastern States AuctionsPlus sale with young lighter weight steers continuing the trend of making in excess of 400c/kg.
The top of the sale came from Poverty Pastoral, Uralla NSW, who offered 22 Angus cross steers, 145kg,
6-14 months old that made 416c/kg to clear $605 per head.
The 250-300kg market for steers was topped by 220 backgrounder Angus steers, on account of Yammatree Family Trust, Brewarrina NSW.
The 9-15 month old steers were 282kg and made 376c/kg or $1,060 per head.
The steers were described by Elders assessor Andrew Hosken as a, ‘Nice line of steers ready to motor. Plenty of stretch and frame and considered highly suitable to target all HQ markets’.
The same vendor topped the 300-350kg market with 140 Angus backgrounder steers, 9-15 months and 311kg making 370c/kg or $1,150 per head.
The over 350kg steer market reached a top price of 343c/kg or $1,220, for 60 trade steers (20 purebred Angus and 40 Angus cross Angus/Santa). The 355kg steers were 16-23 months old and offered by Camaroo Grazing Co, Glenmorgan QLD.
60 Angus heifers, 13-15 months and 315kg, topped the 300-350kg heifer market, making 326c/kg or $1,025.
Offered by RW & RA Senior Brewarrina NSW, the heifers were described by assessor Richard Williams as a, ‘Very nice line of future breeders, they are already showing nice stretch and depth for age and will mature into great mothers’.
Heifers over 350kg made up to 323c/kg for 45 feeder Angus heifers. The 371kg heifers, on account of RE & GE Bomford were 14 -15 months old and made $1,200 per head.
PTIC females reached a sale top of $1,650 for 64 Angus heifers due to calve early March 2016.
The 26-28 month old heifers offered by Glen Collin Pastoral Co, Walcha NSW were described by assessor Simon Newton as a ‘ Good quality draft of EU Angus heifers scanned in calf to Angus sires. These heifers are matrons of the future with their full productive breeding lives ahead of them’.
$2,405 was the top price paid for cow and calf units. 20 joined Angus cows, 27-39 months old, with Angus calves at foot, on account of Sally Port P/L, Myanga Angus stud finished the sale with the top price.
A highlight of the sale was the dispersal of the Hartley Grazing herd, a large majority of which were Angus cows with calves at foot. The cows were aged between four and eight years, and sold from $2,100 to $2,330 to average $2,227.
The top price for the dispersal of $2,330 was made by 66 Angus cows, 6-7 years old with calves at foot.
Other AuctionsPlus results:
– 96 backgrounder Angus steers, 243kg, 9-15 months, Yammatree Family Trust, Brewarrina NSW, made 398c/kg or $970
– 27 yearling Angus steers, 221kg, 6-12 months, NJ Hughes, Tara QLD, made 38c/kg or $855
– 76 yearling Angus cross composite steers, 313kg, 9-16 months, GK & ML Johnston, Goondiwindi QLD, made 363c/kg or $1,135
– 40 weaned Angus steers, 343kg, 8-9 months, Glenruben Angus, Holbrook NSW, made 362c/kg or $1,245
– 35 Angus (28) and Angus cross (7) yearling heifers, 206kg, 6-12 months, NJ Hughes, Tara QLD, made 339c/kg or $700
– 112 backgrounder Angus (80) and Angus cross (32) heifers, 371kg, 7-13 months, M & T Wales, Meandarra QLD, made 335c/kg or $910
– 71 Angus heifers, 309kg, 14-15 months, Cobungra Station, VIC, made 325c/kg or $1,005
– 80 Angus cross Hereford heifers, 310kg, 14-15 months, Cobungra Station, Omeo VIC, made 324c/kg or $1,005
– 87 yearling Angus heifers, 392kg, 15-18 months, Tauroma Farming, Pallamallawa NSW, made 320c/kg or $1,245
– 53 Angus cross Angus cross heifers, 358kg, 20-22months, Appletree Partnership, made 319c/kg or $1,140
– 17 PTIC heifers, 24-30 months, Brian Glanville, Walcha NSW, made $1,800
– 51 Angus (37) and Angus cross (14) cows, 5-7 years, with calves at foot, Hartley Grazing Company,
Mendooran NSW, made $2,320
– 25 Angus cows, 5-7 years, with calves at foot, Hartley Grazing Company, Mendooran NSW, made $2,320
– 47 Angus cows, 5-8 years, with calves at foot, Hartley Grazing Company, Mendooran NSW, made $2,320
– 51 Angus cows, 6-8 years, with calves at foot, Hartley Grazing Company, Mendooran NSW, made $2,320
– 55 Angus cows, 8 years, with calves at foot, Hartley Grazing Company, Mendooran NSW, made $2,320
– 20 Angus cows, 36-60 months, with Angus calves at foot, Sally Port P/L Myanga Angus Stud, Chatsbury NSW, made $2,240
– 20 Angus cows, 4-7 years, with calves at foot, Cornley No 42 Pty Ltd, Drillham QLD, made $2,215
140 Angus backgrounder steers topped the 300-350kg market, making 370c/kg or $1,150
220 Angus backgrounder steers topped the 250-300kg market, making 376c/kg or $1,060
Hartley Grazing dispersed their herd of Angus cows with calves at foot made to a top of $2,330
Pictured top: Heifers over 350kg made up to 323c/kg for 45 feeder Angus heifers in Fridays Eastern States AuctionsPlus Sale.