To maximise success, you should consider;
1. Regularly observe bulls throughout the joining period,
2. Grouping similar aged bulls,
3. Controlled mating – placing young bulls with a breeder herd for no longer than 12 weeks / 3 months (if practical),
4. Introducing bulls that are 12 – 18 months of age as optimal
5. If bulls less than 12 months of age are joined, they should only be given a lighter load. A minimum joining percentage of 5% is recommended.
6. Minimise impact of feral bulls through culling,