Strong pressure in the market from buyers for Angus females have seen high prices continue from last week as restocker look to fill the gap in their herd numbers as recent rains help ease dry time and northern buyers push south to secure quality Angus bounty.
Angus heifers were the dominate breed at the Landmark Special Beef Female sale in Boyanup (WA 7/1/16). 594 Angus heifers sold to a top of $2400 and an average of $1814.
The top price of $2400 was paid for 6 quality Angus heifers from Norm Dennis, Marybrook WA with a continued run from the same vendor making $2300. All the Angus heifers from the Dennis offering averaged $2184 to be a top for the sale.
The Landmark Special Beef Female sale continued its stellar run with a further 100 head hitting a minimum of $2000.
15 Angus weaner steers from KW & Bantock & Son, Chittering were offered in the Muchea sale clearing a healthy 326c/kg or $740/head for their 225kg Angus steers.
Mt Barker’s weekly sale had weaner numbers on the increase with a mixed quality yarding.
Top prices Mt Barker:
– 20 Angus steers, 232kg, Beeac Estate made 368c/kg or $851.92/head
– 3 Angus steers, 257kg, David S Pate made 341c/kg or $875.92/head
– 10 Angus influenced steers, 295kg, AH Hall & Co made 322c/kg or $948.29/head
– 11 Angus influenced steers, 342kg, D Taylor made 317c/kg or $1085.09/head
Colac Sale Results
– 14 Angus heifers, 399kg, Murray Howard made 298c/kg or $1190/head
– 122 Angus PTIC cows, 07-12 drop, Joe & Mick Flynn, Winchelsea VIC made $1840/head
– 67 Angus PTIC cows, Ray Perry, Torquay VIC made $1560/head
Colac black magic sale – Monday 18th January 2016
Angus females sold to good demand at Yea feature female sale last week.
– 12 Angus heifers, 2-3 yrs with 1st calves at foot, Sue Morgan, Tilden VIC made $1900/unit
– 15 Angus heifers, 1st calves at foot, AJ Fullford, Yea made $1410/unit
– 14 Angus cows & calves, AJ Fullford, Yea made $1420/unit
– 113 Angus heifers, 2-3 yrs, Strathglen Station, Strath Creek averaged $1846.25/head
– 33 Angus heifers, 2-3 yrs, Dueran Pastoral, Mansfield VIC averaged $1630/head
– 33 Angus heifers, 2yrs, Dueran Pastoral, Mansfield VIC made $1330/head
– 54 Angus heifers, 2-3yrs, Gleniddich from VIC averaging $1552.50/head
Well-bred beef cattle in ideal store condition attracted interstate buyers to Bairnsdale’s sale on Friday (25/01/16) with buyers looking for more perfect store conditions animals and not the normal forward store description.
Bairnsdale sale results:
– 20 month Angus steers, 544kg, Nick Sarjent, Orbost VIC made $1425/head
– 16 month Angus steers, 464kg, T&J Sandy, Canni Creek VIC averaged $1380/head
– 2 pens Angus steers, 422kg, D Hurley, Dargo VIC made $1250/head
– 22 Angus steers, 397kg, Neville Beasley, Devlin Park NSW made $1250/head
Leongatha saw a larger than expected yarding with strong demand for cows and calves last Thursday (24/01/16).
A pen of 10, two year-old Angus steers, D&B Hill, Leongatha VIC made $1510/head.
G Wallis, Inverloch, sold Angus and Angus influenced steers, 476kg, for $1340/head.
A pen of 20 month-old Angus steers, 397kg, consigned by Wanjo Angus, Jeetho, sold for $1180/head. The same vendor’s heifers, 385kg, made $980/head.
A draft of springing Angus heifers offered by Faulkner Lees, Leongatha, fetched $975. In contrast, Angus heifers of vendor NL Andrews, Mirboo, sold to $985, average $848.
Wodonga store sale (15/01/16) saw strong competition and demand from the north for steers and heifers.
David Kemp, Taminick VIC sold 23 Angus steers for $1470/head while CM & J Merkel, Talgarno sold 22 yearling Angus steers from $1440 to $1660/head.
Kempsey’s grown steer and bullock sale (15/01/16) also saw strong competition from buyers with a record number yarding.
J & J Thompson, Roland’s Plains sold lightweight Angus steers to a top of 378.2c/kg along with Buttsworth Pastoral from Taree selling lightweight Angus steers to a top of 406.2c/kg.
QLD’s Burnett Livestock and Realty meatworks and stores sale (18/01/16) saw store cattle selling in favour of the vendor with P & M Gott; Bundaberg QLD selling Angus influenced weaner steers for 342c/kg or $769/head.
Other QLD sale results – Roma:
– 212kg Angus steers, John Allwood, Thomond, Yuleba QLD made 404c/kg or $856/head
– 282kg Angus steers, W & E Jackson, Maintop North, Injune QLD made 390c/kg or $1104/head
Pictured top: Saleyards Yea – Sue Morgan with her top-priced cows and calves.