A number of analytical changes have been implemented in the Mid-December 2018 Angus BREEDPLAN analysis. These analytical enhancements are part of the annual maintenance and improvement to the Angus BREEDPLAN genetic evaluation undertaken in December each year, and in most cases, are not expected to have any significant effect on the EBV ranking of Angus animals.
The analytical changes that have been made include:
- Modification to Genotype QA Checks
- Modification to the SNPs Used
- Transition to a single feed efficiency EBV
- Updating of allele frequencies
- New procedure for QA checks re: breed
- Modifications to accuracy values for Milk EBVs
- Addition of Yearling Weight to Angus HeiferSELECT
Further information regarding the enhancements that have been made is included in the document below.