The records were rewritten at last weeks’ Knowla Livestock Sale when a pen of 18 unjoined commercial Angus heifers hit a high of $4,800 per head.
The 10-11 month old heifers averaged 310kg and were described by Elders Agent and assessor, Shane Rule as ‘heifers would suit a buyer looking to start a quality herd of Angus females or could be a great asset to any existing commercial herd.’
Overall 100 unjoined commercial Angus females were offered to average $4453, which in itself eclipses the previous record.
In the breakdown the following results were achieved:
- $4,600/hd, pen of 16, 15-16 months old, 441kg average
- $4,200/hd, pen of 15, 15-16 months old, 433kg average
- $4,500/hd, pen of 15, 15-16 months old, 382kg average
- $4,200, pen of 18, 10-11 months old, 362kg average
- $4,400, pen of 18, 10-11 months old, 334 kg average
- $4,800, pen of 18, 10-11 months old, 310kg average
This result incidentally saw Knowla break a record they set at their 2021 sale when they sold a pen of 15 Angus Verified heifers top of $4,200 and 90 overall for an average of $3,283.