As the Spring bull selling season winds towards its end, the records keep falling with Lawsons Rocky R4010 at 13 months of age selling for $130,000 to become the top-priced Australian all breeds yearling bull sold at auction at the recent Lawsons Angus Spring Bull Sale.
The son of GAR Momentum was purchased by a syndicate of Gilmandyke, Dunoon, Kelly and Knowla Angus.
The benchmark was only set in early September when 13-month-old Millah Murrah Rolls Royce R275 was purchased by Heart Angus, Hallmark Angus and an undisclosed WA buyer for $110,000, at the Millah Murrah Angus Bull Sale.
Overall Lawson’s Angus sold 100 for an average of $10,700.
This result is off the back of what has already been an astounding Angus bull sale season, with this sale top price meaning that seven Angus bulls have now hit six figures in 2021:
- $225,000 – 15-month-old Texas Iceman R72, purchased by Macka’s Pastoral at the Texas Angus Bull Sale
- $280,000 – 19 month-old Millah Murrah Rocket Man R38, purchased by Brooklana Angus, at the Millah Murrah Angus Bull Sale
- $240,000 – 19-month-old Millah Murrah Rembrandt R48, purchased by ABS, Woonallee Simmentals, JT Angus, and Whangara Angus, at the Millah Murrah Angus Bull Sale
- $110,000 – 13-month-old Millah Murrah Rolls Royce R275, purchased by Heart Angus, Hallmark Angus and an undisclosed WA buyer, at the Millah Murrah Angus Bull Sale
- $130,000 – 26-month-old Milwillah Slideshow Q102, purchased by Adameluca Angus, at the Milwillah Angus Bull Sale
- $100,000 – 25-month-old Milwillah Blackout Q822, purchased by Yallambee Angus, at the Milwillah Angus Bull Sale
- $130,000 – 13-month-old Lawsons Rocky R4010, purchased by Gilmandyke, Dunoon, Kelly and Knowla Angus at the Lawson’s Angus Spring Bull Sale
The bull selling season has seen Angus studs rise to new levels across the country with many studs recording record averages.