Twelve incredible young beef industry leaders attended GenAngus in Adelaide to participate in a transformative program that was meticulously designed to equip these aspiring individuals with the skills, knowledge, and mindset required to excel in today’s dynamic and fast-paced agricultural industry.
According to Angus Australia’s Extension Manager Jake Phillips GenAngus, has become a pinnacle event for Angus Australia.
‘What we find is that there are really measurable things that people are bringing out of this program and putting into their lives and their businesses, and it is something that we’re extremely proud of.’
Jake also acknowledged that the GenAngus program would not be possible without the industry alliance between Angus Australia and specialist agricultural insurer Achmea Australia.
‘I must acknowledge the huge contributions made by Achmea Australia. We wholeheartedly thank them for their ongoing support of the event.’
‘It certainly wouldn’t have got to where it is today without this alliance, with Angus Australia and Achmea Australia having now provided this opportunity to sixty young people across Australia and New Zealand.’
GenAngus was designed to push participants out of their comfort zone, challenge their business perceptions, increase their knowledge and confidence, and inspire them to put into practice the outcomes they gained from the event, and presentations made on the following:
- Developing a growth mindset with Pete Clark from 21 Whispers
- The importance of Risk Mitigation and Liability with Richard Officer from Achmea Australia
- A deep dive in to markets and future predictions for the beef industry with Simon Quilty, Global Agritrends
- Setting of breeding objectives with Nancy Crawshaw and Jake Phillips Angus Australia
- Marketing & Branding 101 with Diana Wood and Cheyne Twist, Angus Australia
- A deep dive into social media with Heidi Wright and Jaymee Koch, Wright Social
- Beef benchmarking with John Francis, Agrista Pty Ltd
- Succession Planning with Jess Cavanagh and Isobel Knight from Proagtive
- Building a team culture with Angus Street from AuctionsPlus
- DISC profiling with Milly Nolan from The Livestock Collective
- Finance Fundamentals with Francis English from Judo Bank and Matthew Merrett from Bretnalls
Taking part in the GenAngus Future Leaders program were:
- Hannah Powe, Cargo, NSW
- Zeke Bennet, Warragul, VIC
- Victoria Bennet, Manypeaks, WA
- Peter McNamara, Orange NSW
- Lori Fogarty, Cooranga, QLD
- Philip Bayly, Paihia, Northland, NZ
- Tom Taheny, Naracoorte, SA
- Ed Bradley, Cooma, NSW
- Natalia Harris, Lucindale, SA
- James Blyth, Warragul South, VIC
- Corey McKinnon, Timor, NSW
- Adam Allingham, Armidale NSW
Keep an eye out over the coming weeks and in the Winter Bulletin for a full report on this flagship event.