The Trans-Tasman Travel Bursary applications are open until the end of December 2021, with the scholarship awarded Mid-January, in conjunction with the NH Foods Angus Youth National Roundup.
Sponsored by the New England Travel Centre and the Angus Australia Foundation, the scholarship provides annually an Angus Australia member aged between 18 and 30 years of age the opportunity to travel around New Zealand.
The bursary covers return airfares for the recipient to travel to New Zealand, $1000 spending money and assistance to organize a tour to various seed-stock and commercial breeders across the country.
The scholarship recipient is encouraged to spend at least four weeks in New Zealand to make the most of the opportunity.
The Angus Australia network of staff, members and affiliated groups can provide assistance and insight to develop a tour to the recipient’s interest.
Applicants must be aged between 18 and 30 years of age
- Applicants must be members of Angus Youth/ Angus Australia (membership forms may be completed with application)
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship applicants must compete application questions. Applications will be shortlisted and may undergo an interview.
Preference will be given to those applicants that meet the below selection criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to the Angus breed and the wider beef industry
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in networking and time management
- Applicants that can provide research on what they would like to do and see in New Zealand and provide a draft overview of the objective of their trip will be looked uponfavourably
- The successful candidate will be considered an ambassador for Angus Youth and should be able to demonstrate these qualities
Conditions of receiving the Scholarship:
- The successful recipient must agree to attend an official awards presentation
- The scholarship is valid for one year and cannot be deferred
- Within 6 weeks of returning from New Zealand, a full trip written report must be given to the Angus Australia Foundation
Applications will close in December 2021 with the selection process to be completed in early January and the successful recipient announced in mid-January.
For further information contact;
Breed Development Officer