Angus Australia and specialist farm insurer Achmea Australia are pleased to announce that the GenAngus Future Leaders Program will return again in 2022, with the event taking place from 31 May-3 June in Adelaide.
We invite Angus Australia members aged 18-40 to apply for the opportunity to participate in GenAngus which is aimed at supporting emerging leaders to increase their knowledge and boost their confidence to launch a new or existing beef enterprise.
Now in its fourth year, the alliance between Angus Australia and specialist farm insurer Achmea provides an exciting opportunity for the next generation of Angus members to participate in the 2022 GenAngus Future Leaders Program and fast-track their leadership care in the beef industry.
Participants will attend an intensive three-day workshop with industry leading professionals, before embarking on a 12-month program with access to personalised support.
The program is targeted at young beef industry leaders who are looking to start their own business in the beef industry or take that next step in their existing business.
- Mindset and resilience
- Financial fundamentals and business planning tools
- Risk management and insurance
- Finding your place in the beef industry
- Business benchmarking
- Improving your herd with genetics
- Resilience and succession
- Marketing and branding
- Business writing skills
The aim of the scholarship is to:
The program is targeted at people looking to start their own business in the beef industry or take that next step in their existing business.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 – 40 years old
- Applicants must be a member of Angus Australia (Junior or Full)
- Demonstrated commitment to the beef industry and the Angus Breed
- Be currently running a business or about to enter into business
- Demonstrated potential to benefit from attending the GenAngus Workshop and Program
- Demonstrated interest in developing their business and leadership skills
- Have a vision of what they want their business to look in the future
- A willingness to learn
How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship applicants must compete a set of application questions. Applications will be shortlisted and may undergo an interview.
Applications close Friday, 8 April 2022.
Conditions: You will be required to submit a written report to the Angus Australia Board on your experience during the GenAngus Program.
About Achmea Australia Achmea Australia is part of the Achmea Group, which is one of the largest insurance companies in the Netherlands. The Achmea Group has approximately 13 million clients worldwide and is fully dedicated to farm insurance in Australia.