Apply to investigate the New Zealand Beef Industry
Do you have an interest in investigating different production systems around the globe? Would you like to experience the production of Angus cattle in landscapes and environments differing from that of Australia? If your answer is yes, then the TransTasman Exchange is the opportunity for you.
Applications are now open for the 2024 TransTasman Exchange. Each year the TransTasman Exchange, sponsored by the New England Travel Centre and the Angus Australia Foundation, provides an opportunity for a young person to observe the New Zealand beef industry.
Annually, an Angus Australia member aged between 18 and 30 years of age is selected and provided opportunity to travel around New Zealand, where they will spend at least four weeks touring the New Zealand beef industry.
The exchange covers return airfares for the recipient to travel to New Zealand, $2000 spending money and assistance to organize a tour to various seed-stock and commercial breeders across the country.
The Angus Australia network of staff, members and affiliated groups can provide assistance and insight to develop a tour to the recipient’s interest.
Angus Australia Extension Officer Nancy Crawshaw encourages those who would like extend their network internationally and learn about cattle production on a global level to apply.
“The TransTasman Exchange provides an excellent opportunity for a young Angus breeder to experience the production systems and environments of New Zealand, learning from their experiences and the connections they develop along the way, to be more well-rounded producers in their own operations.”
Applications for the TransTasman Travel Exchange will close Friday 23rd February 2024.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 30 years of age
- Applicants must be members of Angus Youth/ Angus Australia (membership forms may be completed with application)
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship applicants must compete application questions. Applications will be shortlisted and may undergo an interview. Preference will be given to those applicants that meet the below selection criteria.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Angus breed and the wider beef industry
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in networking and time management
- Applicants that can provide research on what they would like to do and see in New Zealand and provide a draft overview of the objective of their trip will be looked upon favourably
- The successful candidate will be considered an ambassador for Angus Youth and should be able to demonstrate these qualities
Conditions of receiving the Scholarship:
- The scholarship is valid for one year and cannot be deferred without written permission from Angus Australia upon request
- Within 6 weeks of returning from New Zealand, a full trip written report must be given to the Angus Australia Foundation
For further information contact;