The Angus Australia Board met by video conference on the 5th March 2021.
Items addressed at the meeting included the following:
- Update from CEO on major strategic and operational issues.
- Review of quarterly key performance indicators from various departments of Angus Australia.
- Review and approval of Financial Statement and Independent Auditor’s Report for the Financial Year ended 31st December 2020.
- Review of updated risk management documentation.
- Modification of Regulation 17.2 as follows:
17.2 Unless specific arrangements are made, the absolute credit limit for an individual member or customer will be $100,000 for Australian members and $50,000 for overseas members.
- Consideration of proposed strategy for further Angus selection index development, including planned focus group consultation with members to obtain input and feedback on index changes.
- Decision to proceed with the implementation of an expanded range of “genomics-only” genetic evaluation services for non-registered Angus cattle via Angus HeiferSELECT and Angus SteerSELECT.
- Consideration of meeting minutes and correspondence from State Affiliated Angus Breeder Groups.
The next Angus Australia Board meeting is scheduled for the 27th – 28th May at Armidale, following the AGM to be conducted at 2:00pm on the 27th May. Further details about participating in the AGM will be included in the AGM Notice of Meeting to be sent to all members in mid-April.
Subsequent Board meetings in 2021 are scheduled for 12-13th August (Sydney), and 25-26th November (Armidale).
Peter F Parnell
CEO & Company Secretary