The Angus Foundation is excited to be supplying five scholarships for Angus Australia members to attend.
Taking place on 27-29 September 2021 and organised by the Angus NSW Committee, the Tocal Beef Cattle Assessment Course is widely recognised as the most practical and hands on beef cattle selection course of its kind.
Applications are now open for Angus Australia members aged 16 to 30 years allowing for the opportunity to attend the course, where they will be educated on all aspects of the beef industry and work to increase their knowledge and skills in judging and selecting beef cattle.
The course will cover a wide range of topics ranging from using EBV’s, structural conformation and selection of market utilising Bos Taurus and Bos Indicus breeds and their crosses and will help participants through developing practical skills and information, presenting networking opportunities.
Each scholarship recipient will have their entry fees covered (Valued at more than $500) which includes all accommodation, food and course fees.
The aim of the scholarship is to:
- Increase the recipient’s knowledge of the beef industry
- Increase the recipient’s knowledge and skills in judging beef cattle
- Expose the recipient to industry leaders
- Develop the recipient’s judging skills
- Applicants must be aged between 16 and 30 years of age
- Applicants must be members of Angus Youth and/or Angus Australia
- Have a strong desire to develop their beef cattle judging skills
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship applicants must compete application questions. Applications will be shortlisted and may undergo an interview.
Upon returning from the beef cattle assessment school the recipient must submit a report detailing their experience.
For further information contact;
Breed Development Officer