The Angus Australia Foundation will award two scholarships to give Angus Australia members the opportunity to participate in the LiveCorp and Australian Livestock Exporters Council (ALEC) LIVEXchange Conference.
The 2022 LIVEXchange Conference, set to take place in Darwin NT, 9-10 November, will have a theme of ‘From here to there together: strengthening our foundations and creating connections’. For more information about the forum, head to the LIVEXchange website.
These events are all about sharing information and insight into the livestock export trade, breaking down knowledge barriers, being open about industry challenges and demonstrating industry’s commitment and ongoing effort to improve animal welfare in supply chains.
Members aged between 18 and 30 with a commitment to the Australian beef industry and the Angus breed are encouraged to apply.
Each scholarship recipient will be provided with $1500 to assist in covering costs associate with attending the event, (for example; flights, accommodation and the event registration fee).
The aim of this scholarship is to:
- Increase the recipient’s knowledge of the Live Export industry and the beef industry as a whole
- Allow the recipients the opportunity to network with industry professionals
- Develop the recipient’s personal skills
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER
To be eligible for these scholarships applicants must be between 18 and 30 years of age. You must also be a current Angus Australia financial member. Membership forms are available on the Angus Australia website.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 – 30 years old
- Applicants must be a member of Angus Australia (Junior or Full).
- Demonstrated commitment to the beef industry and the Angus Breed
- Demonstrated potential to benefit from attending the LiveEX 2022 conference
- Demonstrated interest and strong desire to develop their personal skills and network with industry professionals
- A willingness to learn
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the LIVEXchange Scholarship, applicants will need to complete the entire following application.
CONDITIONS OF RECEIVING THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship cannot be deferred, it must be taken up in the year it is awarded
Within two weeks of returning, a full trip report must be given to the Angus Australia Foundation
Applications close September 12th