The Angus breed is not just Australia’s breed, it is a choice breed for producers around the world with its consistent performance in a range of markets. While the Angus breed is one size that fits most, what differs is the beef production systems they are featured in around the world.
Recognising this, the Trans Tasman Travel Bursary, sponsored by the New England Travel Centre and the Angus Australia Foundation, provides an opportunity for a young person to observe the New Zealand beef industry.
Offered annually, the Trans Tasman Travel Bursary provides an Angus Australia member aged between 18 and 30 years of age the opportunity to travel around New Zealand.
The bursary covers return airfares for the recipient to travel to New Zealand, $ 2000 spending money and assistance to organize a tour to various seed-stock and commercial breeders across the country.
The scholarship recipient is encouraged to spend at least four weeks in New Zealand to make the most of the opportunity.
The Angus Australia network of staff, members and affiliated groups can provide assistance and insight to develop a tour to the recipient’s interest.
Applications for the Trans Tasman Travel Bursary will open December 18, 2022 and will close February 2, 2023.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 30 years of age
- Applicants must be members of Angus Youth/ Angus Australia (membership forms may be completed with application)
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship applicants must compete application questions. Applications will be shortlisted and may undergo an interview. Preference will be given to those applicants that meet the below selection criteria.
Demonstrated commitment to the Angus breed and the wider beef industry
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in networking and time management
- Applicants that can provide research on what they would like to do and see in New Zealand and provide a draft overview of the objective of their trip will be looked upon favourably
- The successful candidate will be considered an ambassador for Angus Youth and should be able to demonstrate these qualities
Conditions of receiving the Scholarship:
- The scholarship is valid for one year and cannot be deferred without written permission from Angus Australia upon request
- Within 6 weeks of returning from New Zealand, a full trip written report must be given to the Angus Australia Foundation
For further information contact;