Angus Australia and specialist agricultural insurer Achmea Australia are pleased to announce the return of the GenAngus Future Leaders Program in 2023.
The GenAngus Future Leaders Program (GenAngus) is the flagship youth leadership program of the strategic alliance between Angus Australia and Achmea Australia. Now in its fifth year, the program has already supported more than 50 Angus Youth members to advance their career in the beef industry.
Angus Australia members aged 18-40 are invited to apply for the 2023 GenAngus Future Leaders Program, which will be held from 30 May to 2 June 2023 in Adelaide, South Australia.
Participants will attend the three-day intensive workshop with industry professionals to help them start their own business in beef cattle or take the next step in their existing business.
The program covers key business skills to support their success, including:
- Business benchmarking
- The beef outlook
- Breeding and genetics
- Risk mitigation
- Succession planning
- Applicants must be aged between 18 – 40 years old
- Applicants must be a member of Angus Australia (Junior or Full)
- Demonstrated commitment to the beef industry and the Angus Breed
- Applicants must be currently running a beef business or about to enter into a beef business
- Demonstrated potential to benefit from attending the GenAngus Program
- Demonstrated interest in developing their business and leadership skills
- Have a vision of what they want to achieve in their business in the future
- A willingness to learn
Applications close Monday, 13 March 2023.
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship applicants must complete a set of application questions. Applications will be shortlisted and may undergo an interview.
About Achmea Australia
Achmea Australia is part of the Achmea Group, which is one of the largest insurance companies in the Netherlands. The Achmea Group has approximately 13 million clients worldwide and is fully dedicated to farm insurance in Australia.
Insurance issued by Achmea Schadeverzekeringen N.V. (Achmea) ABN 86 158 237 702 AFSL 433984.
1800 724 214
If you are unsure whether or not you should apply for GenAngus, read some of the articles below and you will be inspired!